Am I Eligible for the BGS Program?
Admission to the BGS Program is open to former BYU students who meet all of the following criteria:
|"96% of BGS graduates are satisfied or very satisfied with their BGS experience."|
- Have previously completed a minimum of 30 semester hours of BYU on–campus credit in Provo as an admitted day student (exam credit excluded).
- Have not completed any courses as an admitted BYU student in the last two years or have already completed a minimum of 90 credits, including any combination of BYU and accepted transfer college credits.
- Have never received a bachelor’s degree or higher from any institution, including BYU.
- Are in good standing (academic, financial, etc.) at all universities attended.
- Have a 2.0 or higher BYU and cumulative GPA. (If you have ever been on academic warning, probation, or suspension, please contact the BGS Office before proceeding with the application process.)
- Will abide by the BYU Honor Code and receive an annual ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Have been approved by the BGS admissions committee.
- Have successfully completed the Student Development 100 course (a 1–credit BYU Independent Study course taken after provisional acceptance into the program).